Monday, March 24, 2014

My Printer's a Scanner




I've owned a device that prints on paper, for at least six years. It's a Canon, has performed admirably, albeit at quite a cost for cartridges and ink. It's one of those dual function machines, except it was entirely impossible for us to get the scanner working.

I'd print stuff for my accountant, my resume, etc. Twenty years ago when you wrote something, you printed it. There weren't those nice places on the web where you can tuck a daily diary entry, or photos, or remember someone's birthday.

Suddenly today, for some inscrutable electronic mystery, my printer died as a printer, but was reborn as the scanner it was always meant to be.

Printing documents is such an undesirable chore. But drawings! Drawings done with pen and ink can be scanned, made digital, combined with text, flow towards a digital life!

My printer died, but his head is up; he scans the world around him. . .

Featured Post

Guide to Chaga Harvesting and Preparation

I've already posted on the positive benefits of Chaga for the health. Other sites on the web go into detail about this bounty of th...

Search This Blog