Thursday, August 5, 2010

Through Kansas




There's a rocky stream, called the Arkansas,
From mountain peaks, where Colorado snows have thawed.
I followed her down through Kansas, stopped at an old cafe.
I asked for a cup of coffee, and a piece of pie to stay.
The choice was peach or apple, they also had rhubarb and bean.
I never heard of bean pie, but this was country I'd never seen.
I drove pn down continent, to a slow brown river bed,
Shaded by cottonwoods, it bore cottonmouths instead.
It was the Arkansas River, near its living end,
I floated its slow brown waters, to look around the bend.

Featured Post

Guide to Chaga Harvesting and Preparation

I've already posted on the positive benefits of Chaga for the health. Other sites on the web go into detail about this bounty of th...

Search This Blog