Sunday, August 1, 2010

The St. Louis Hat


I chatted with a rapper, he wore a hat that was dapper
A trick was stuck inside,
For as he composed, his head fell and rose,
But his hat would jump as he sighed.

"That's sick - what's in there?", I asked on a dare,
"Is it a trick or a ferret?"
"Either alive or takes orders, from the man at its borders,
  could it be a snake or a parrot?"

He just winked, "Whatever you think,
I'm certainly not telling you!
Write me a script, and make it real hip,
 and I'll think about telling the truth . . "

" I can't rid my soul of this dammed dogger-roll . . .
   I hear it at night in my bed!
   Let me hear prose, or smell a red rose . . . 
   This meter keeps banging me dead."

"We're minstrels with pistols, out writing missals,
  the words inside us are stewing, . . .

 "Perhaps in St. Louis, where the blues sound is truest,
  there I'll give you some clue-in'!"

Featured Post

Guide to Chaga Harvesting and Preparation

I've already posted on the positive benefits of Chaga for the health. Other sites on the web go into detail about this bounty of th...

Search This Blog