Monday, November 22, 2010

04/27/2005 - Drama

R_____  came over and we spent most of our time on this one drawing. Finally her energy is becoming centered. There's a very potent Dionysian male figure at the center, penis and all. All the masks around the head have started to fall away.

R_____ is a creature of drama. I always feel when working with her, that we're on stage, and that I have forgotten my part. She looks at me and questions in the way that an experienced player eyes down a junior who missed a line. I'm nervous. . .

After we finished this we spent some time on the word project, but I destroyed her work before she could get too concious of it - she had tried to take a picture of the words in their first state, so I messed it up and promised we'd start over next time.

I tried to explain. We had a long talk about this. She doubted whether she could ever get back on track. I said there were an infinite number of sortings she could do, and they would be perfectly consistent in that they would all be hers. The idea is not to see the particular as our identity, but rather as one of the events emanating from our identities. The Self is infinite. Drawings and poems are not, but they can, if we don't get precious about them, reflect that infinity, or portray it to some degree.

Featured Post

Guide to Chaga Harvesting and Preparation

I've already posted on the positive benefits of Chaga for the health. Other sites on the web go into detail about this bounty of th...

Search This Blog