Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poem for Kristina Louise



To Kristina Louise Tr____y
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I'll make a poem to you on my laptop . . .
out 'o all letters in your name . .
.A, E, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T, U, Y.

So your name spells mine . . .
I really am a potter, a painter, my name is Mark
I'll not tell Aesop's tale to amuse you,
 . . or animals, asses on an ark. . .

Nor pirates or players or Pan's pipes,
Or a serpent . . or an apple,
Or Mars, Saturn, Moon, astral suns, 'ere starlit planets soar,
    or a union o' opposites,
I'll simply say it - I look’t at your port.
Your sensuous eyes. . . your nose, your ears, your ankles, . .
. . . your knees,
In all, I see a million symmetries.
I kno' you not at all
Nor you me,
So you are my inspiration as a Muse to poetry.

An' see you on lonely spots o' yore,
A passport to your European roots
I'll take you to Paris's opera, Italy, Spain, Europe's pretty estates.

To Israel. . . 'ere Semites rule,
To Pakistan's Oriental ruins,
'Ere in Eastern Turkey amnesia appears.
As rosy poppies milk makes opium.

Or an Alaskan mansion, a moose's antlers rear,
. . . or Maine's mute mists, mountains near a sea.
‘Ere salmon leap, . . . an autumn set, some pumpkin pie 'n tea.

You’ll pray at an alpine altar - mysteries to keep Eros near,
I'll play a piano sonata in a minor key
Or a Roman ruin . . nuns, priests,
Saint Peter's in Italy.

Or to a limestone manor paint' pink,
at nine I rise to spill my poet's ink . . 
An eruption o' eats, . .. a Latin menu.
Salami . . . pesto, . . panini, . . tiramisu,
Parmesan, pepperoni. . . tortellini. . .
‘Tis a trip you an' I are on . . .
. . . amaretto, an' spumoni.

Matisse? Manet? Monet? Pissarro?
An artists installation, limestone, plaster, papers paints . . .
I'll pepper you in insane kisses . . . as Parisian royalty,
. . . or plain rosemary an' snails . . eels. . . oysters on a plate
omelets, pastries.

'Tis not an international liaison,
Or a multinational ploy, I make my plays on,
'Tis to you my emotion takes . .
So my art to initiate.
Mortal Muse, your portraits portray simple positions, 
Poses speak to ritual sins.

I'll take a primal risk
‘N apply to your lips a kiss
You say stop! You're rite!
No no! 'tis not polite
To lose you - insanity

Else I'll stay to poetry.
Eternal purity
Emotions enormity!

Your skinny sister sits, an' sleeps,
Your aunt seems a million miles alone
No more kin in your name. . .
So alone. . . alas you're so alone.

So to NY you must my paramour
Sit in lotus postures, utter mantras . . .
Sail to me to learn my tantras.

Your eyes erase, eliminate emotion . . .
Yet passions simmer porous potions . . .
Eros is a potent poison,
'Ere your eyes seem to moisten . .

A onetime union promises, I take your panties . . .
. . . in pleasure, I see your eyes, your pupils pool,
. . . your uterus, menses, your pussy moan . . .

As I speak poetry to your loins,
. . . to you my primal pollen runs.

-:-

Featured Post

Guide to Chaga Harvesting and Preparation

I've already posted on the positive benefits of Chaga for the health. Other sites on the web go into detail about this bounty of th...

Search This Blog