Thursday, August 26, 2010

I sold my Love to Another




Last night I said goodbye to a lady,
One I most dearly loved
Her dusted face smiled at me
With proportion and grace from above.

Her soft pink skin, furry limbs beamed wide,
Fifty five by thirty three, . . she's a giant also inside.

Her copper cornice and glass clerestory,
And cool basement floor bricks,
That took the edge off a fiery summer,
And held heat when snow felled thick.

With steel beams I lifted high,
A garden wall built by my two hands,
Twelve huge timbers I craned in place,
And laid across her span.

The stones I cut to match her face . .
Her cornice lips I designed,
A figure fitting for a lady's place,
No finer craft could one find.

And when I laid upon her bed . . and looked up at all the stars,
I was lulled to sleep by the breeze instead, and the sounds of distant cars.
It's hard to admit I loved a building, I loved her with all my heart
Her masonry and beams are a piece of me, but now our love has grown apart.

I sold her to another man, he bought her away from me. .
She wasn't even at the closing, to loan some sympathy.
I parted with her keys this morning, now another must bury his heart.
Into her beauty he'll be pouring, his fortune and his art.


-:-

Featured Post

Guide to Chaga Harvesting and Preparation

I've already posted on the positive benefits of Chaga for the health. Other sites on the web go into detail about this bounty of th...

Search This Blog