Saturday, November 27, 2010

05/25/2005 - Soft Pencil

J___ X___ and I are already deep in student master relationship.

I'm the student.

This young woman is all dedication. She listens as attentively as she can to everything I say.

I have to be very careful. She's very talented, extremely naive, not particularly verbal, careful in what she says, but capable of beautiful, sensitive drawings.

This time she brought her portfolio over for me to look at.

She's made three interesting pencil portraits of women, beautifully felt, their collar bones, cheeks, the hollows beneath their eyes. It felt like she was touching their faces with the tip of the soft lead pencil.

We've started a process of working together on the drawings we make. She's expert at handling a brush and working pigment into the paper.

Featured Post

Guide to Chaga Harvesting and Preparation

I've already posted on the positive benefits of Chaga for the health. Other sites on the web go into detail about this bounty of th...

Search This Blog